Friday, June 30, 2006

Beautiful Friday (finally!!)

Well, the nice weather has returned (and so has Pete!). After we rest up a bit from our lunch, Pete is going to go up on the roof and clean it off (lots of sticks and leaves). He only goes up there when I'm home just in case he falls. I don't mind. I always have a lot of weeding to do.

Tomorrow my parents are coming out and we're going to replace our front step. It's falling apart and a little dangerous (if you step all the way over to the lefthand side, the whole piece of slate lifts up!). We're going to get some concrete (the mix-it-yourself-in-a-wheelbarrow kind from Lowe's), rip out the old step, and pour a new one. We're going to put the 3 pieces of slate back on top so that it still looks like the rest of the front walk. We bought some dinner plates (2 white, 2 blue, and one red) at Wal-Mart today which we are gong to smash into pieces and put into the step as well (not the part that you step on but the verticle part between each step). Hopefully it looks good! I'll take some pictures and post them when I can. The only thing I feel bad about is the killing. Yes, there is a family of bees that live in the step (yup, it's that rotted). I actually like the bees. They are the nice kind and don't bother me at all when I'm sitting or walking there. I saw them this morning and felt bad that their days are numbered. I think I'll have my father spray them -- I'll be inside the house. I hate the destruction but we have not choice. They are bees after all and we will be destroying their house...........

No comments: