Monday, July 31, 2006

Stupid Political Phone Call

This is one of those things that I just have to put in my blog....

On Saturday I got a phone call from "Malloy for Governor." I picked up knowing full well that I was going to get some message about voting for him in the primary on August 8th. I WASN'T prepared for what I was about to hear:

Me: "Hello?"

Guy on phone campaining for Malloy: "Dan Malloy is running for governor."

Me: "Uh huh." (I alreay knew that)

Guy: "Uh, he's running against John DeStefano."

Me: "Uh huh." (Knew that too)

Guy: "Uh......uh, I don't know what else to say."

Me: "OK then! Bye!"


Can you believe that? That's one of the stupidest calls I've ever gotten. Dan Malloy is not going to get any votes with morons like that making calls to people!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too hilarious!!! I'd rather have calls like that than the one I got that led to me taking a 10 minute poll over the phone. Ugh.

Seradee said...

It was pretty funny. Pete was sitting right next to me and couldn't believe it when I told him. CT has been having a very interesting campaining season so far -- I am definitely voting in the primaries on the 8th.