Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Wow! I can do it!

Well, I survived another dancing day. It's not so bad really (as I type with a clenched jaw). No, really. I think that I'm realigning some strands in my brain somewhere to be able to do this. Just my luck, tonight when I go to brush my teeth I won't remember how! It's funny how people can learn things that they swore they would never do or even know how to do. Anyone who knows me knows what a cluts I am. I've got 2 (no, make that 3) left feet. I'm Polish for goodness sakes!! I can't dance but..... wait..... maybe, just maybe, with a little practice and some TLC, I CAN! Our main instructor, Jacques (who's world renowned I might add), actually came up to me today and told me, in front of all 48 of us, how much I had improved. He gave me a little huggy squeezy type thing and then promptly told me that I was stepping on the wrong foot to do one of the dances I just did. Oh well. I was beaming anyway. It feels good to improve (ever so slightly in my case) and then be recognized for it. I wonder what I must look like up on stage anyway. I'd probably die if I knew.

So, the moral to my long rambling story is: try, try, try and try some more. I'm going to use this summer dancing experience as an example when I try to teach the concept of perserverence to my students this coming school year. I think they'll enjoy the stories that I'll have to share! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This proves that you are the most optimistic person I know! Always looking for the good in everything. Please don't ever change! (HUGS)

Seradee said...

Thanks Anna! You made a big smile appear on my face when I read what you wrote.

Let's hope for another good day today (for both of us)!!